Monday, January 31, 2011

Sturhling Original: Saw One for the First Time Yesterday

I had a buddy come over yesterday and he showed me a new watch that he purchased. To my surprise, it was a Sturhling Original Skeleton which is something I have blogged about in the past but I have never seen one in person.


The one he purchased was the one above but instead of arabic numbers along the outside, it had roman numerals. I was quite surprised because for $150 dollar watch, the movement appears to be decenly made (knock on wood). I have heard of a lot of issues with these watches in the past but the movement looked well done and the watch kept time very well.

He told me he purchased it through chronoshark.com for $70. For those of you who are interested in affordable watches at discounted prices, chronoshark basically scours the internet for the best deals of the day and posts it. I would highly recommend that you check out that website. Just as a test to see if you are actually reading my article, what did my last article cover?

23 comments:

  1. Not bad for $70, I may actually check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would be willing to put up $70 for a watch but something nice looking like that might be an exception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had commented on my blog that you didn't know what I was doing. I am currently reading through The Secret Doctrine and I am giving my interpretation of what the stanzas mean. More information can be found on my blog, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie is from France. I've never worn a watch but I think getting a sweet looking watch for cheap might be in my future

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty nifty watch for 70 dollars :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunno why but this entry didn't show up on my feed? Weird o.O

    And I'm super excited to see a watch that I can actually afford xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a watch through Chronoshark before. Its legit. Just have to be patient for your watch to show up

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow it looks beautiful and its cheap
    i must get one

    ReplyDelete
  9. For $70 that's a hell of a watch. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a very nice watch. Usually, I don't wear watches, but after taking a look at your blog... I guess I could start wearing them again!
    BTW, I'm following you. I like your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tip, I've always loved watches. I got a Orange Tag Heuer Formula 1 a while back and I'm so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure if I'll pay 70$ but I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your last article covered the history of the tourbillon lol did i do it right?

    your friend,
    ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. next time i want to buy a watch, i'm gonna hit up that site. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is no "12" on the dial. Tat means at least 7% off.

    Naah just joking. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. maybe if i had money id apreciate a watch more

    ReplyDelete
  17. damn that's a nice looking watch! I really like how you can see all the gears etc. and your last article was about the tourbillon lol i really like how few people answered that...

    http://lifeofbaron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks good to me..
    thefitmuscle.blogspot.com(updated)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like this one, would love to have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that's a trick question at the end. We could always look and see the next post is about the tourbillion (sp). I am guessing you had an article that you ended up deleting. I must admit with some 70 blogs that I load everyday (of course not all of them update daily) its tough to keep up with everyone's daily post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete