Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tokyo Flash: The Weirdest Watches in the World

I am going to go off on a slight tangent for this one folks.

Tokyo Flash has generated a buzz recently due to their awkward watches, or at least I deem them as awkward. The watches hail from Japan and there are a ton of different designs and styles that the watch comes in. From what I have seen, you must purchase them directly from Tokyo Flash and have it shipped from Japan but it seems the transit time is extremely fast.

You don't tell time like you regularly do on a normal watch. Instead, you read the time based upon a series of lights based upon a certain theme. For instance you have nuclear warning themes, road themes etc. This is actually very hard to understand unless you watch the video below (trust me it is well worth the time). Below is both the video and examples of the watches that they offer. For around $150 bucks, you can pick one of these up from www.tokyoflash.com if you like something really weird and eye catching.



40 comments:

  1. This is one crazy watch. It seems like it would be frustrating setting up the time >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. they always have the craziest shit in japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that there was a steep learning curve for telling time. I will stick to a traditional watch for now.

    Sincerely,
    http://bulkingjobra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only in Japan would they make something like a watch difficult to understand. I kind of want one now just to say I have it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gangsta shit

    following and supporting daily
    Player skills, get some ladies
    therichesthappiest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why am I not surprise that Tokyo produces weird shit once again

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'd still wear em, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I went to their website. Those watches are wild! :D I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is nice for the looks but hell i wont be able to tell the time if i have one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting concept. I would get a watch like that though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tokyo flash has always made the most qawesome watches, normally in binary. I love them and so does the geek community, they are onto a winner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would be fun to own, but I'd hate having to spend 10 seconds reading it every time. My friend had a binary watch, he could never just give you the time immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. those watches are oughtfully crazy

    ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little too 'out there' for me. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have to hand it to Japan for creating the most unique stuff you can find out there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It actually looks nice! Cyber style =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I WANT ONE SO BADLY D: those are so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. god those are just bizzare... sometimes it takes me a couple seconds to tell the time on a regular watch, I can't imagine these crazy ones with weird ways to tell time n stuff..! >:3

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all really amazing to look at... but I don't want to spend 30 seconds trying to figure out the time haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes those are the weirdest watches I have evr seen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How are you even supposed to read those??!?

    TehHappyPlace

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, just wow. :D
    thefitmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. japan does make some cool stuff sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those watches look incredible. I Want all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dang man very interesting. Can't wait for next post!
    http://zspneverydaysports.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. the traffic watch is actually incredibly awesome. do want!

    ReplyDelete
  27. that's really a sophisticated watch, i'll get a headache while trying to figure out the time

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those look really awesome & different!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have a programmer friend who's going to ADORE the binary one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. asians coming up with crazy shit brah


    http://lookandlol.blogspot.com/
    http://mrangrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I WANT THEM :D

    http://lifeofbaron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. what about the weirdest of all watches and watchmakers, the Blind Watchmaker

    :P

    http://2realthoughts.blogspot.com/

    follow me please :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sometimes I think these Japanese watches try to be cooler than they really are. I'll stick to a regular one!

    ReplyDelete
  34. that looks like PREDATOR'S watch when he self destruct him self,I WANT ONE
    FOLLOWING AND SUPPORTING

    ReplyDelete
  35. what an expensive watch. I do like the led style of it but it might be a little difficult to become accustomed to the style of time telling.

    ReplyDelete
  36. those look amazing. I love the look of the one in the top right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete