The Cartier Tank was introduced by Cartier in 1917 by Louis Cartier of the world famous jewelry company. His inspiration for the watch was the tread pattern of Renault army tanks in Europe, thus providing the namesake of the watch as "The Tank". Although the watch does not have anything particularly special about, it has a storied history because it was John F. Kennedy's watch of choice while he was alive. As seen below, you can see him wearing his 18k gold tank on a black leather band.
There are many versions of this watch today but the classic Cartier Solo will always be the one thought of when people think of this watch. The newest version called the Tank Française is the most up to date model that Cartier offers but all models are still available. Seen below are the main variations with both the leather version that JFK wore and the bracelet version which gave the watch its name.




i would never think that watch is 18k. damnn.
ReplyDeletegood job on your followers as well man. you've really shot up. keep up the good and consistent posting
wow great watch
ReplyDeleteA very classy looking watch. JFK had great taste in fashion!
ReplyDeletenice watch...
ReplyDeletefollowed.. :D
thefitmuscle.blogspot.com
I like how simple it looks. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteI like the low profile look. In regards to your question on my blog...I definitely see mass in my traps as a result of shrugs so i like them. However I do consider them secondary to shoulders, if i dont have time to do something...ill take out dumbbell shrugs from my workout and just do barbell.
ReplyDeleteNice watch
ReplyDeleteGood enough for JFK, good enough for me
ReplyDeletedidnt know that. Any other pics of presidents sportin high end watches?
ReplyDeletehazdbot.blogspot.com
I like the leather band better.
ReplyDeletei think the last pic is the coolest
ReplyDeleteectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com
@ hwidman
ReplyDeletethe rolex presidents is called that for a reason. The actual name of the watch is called the day date, but a slang term is the presidents because presidents wear them.
nice azz watch
ReplyDeleteFollowing and supporting,
come get player skills for the ladies
therichesthappiest.blogspot.com
cool g
ReplyDeletei dont know why but i dont like those watched. face too small
ReplyDeleteCheck out my new blog for daily lulz!
http://lookandlol.blogspot.com/
http://mrangrie.blogspot.com/
Nice watch, I'll throw you a link in my post tomorrow bro :)
ReplyDeleteThe leather version is much better IMO.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
http://bulkingjobra.blogspot.com
Nice watch! Definitely like the leather version better. Thanks for that bit of history!
ReplyDeleteehh looks okay, but the metal version looks better lol
ReplyDeletehttp://lifeofbaron.blogspot.com
I actually like the bracelet version but im guessing its MUCHO expensive. CBA to check :>
ReplyDeletegood looking watch
ReplyDeleteOh btw, Happy belated birthday!
ReplyDeleteI really want the bottom watch, it looks pretty awesome. I would be super cool and super hardcore.
ReplyDeletefancy fancy. Might be cool to say your wearing a jfk watch
ReplyDeletewhat's the movement on this thing?
ReplyDeletenice and clean looking watch. definitely will look good as a dress watch.
good stuff.
ReplyDeletegreat watch
ReplyDeletenice family photo with JFK
ReplyDeleteIt's got a minimalistic style that I love!
ReplyDeleteI would wear it for sure :)
ReplyDeleteoh damn, the leather band one is cool n all but the one with the metal band is just F***ING SWEET!~ Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant~!
ReplyDelete>:3
Hate your blog for making me want expensive watches hahaha (not really!).
famous watch is famous.
ReplyDeleteawesome watch
ReplyDeleteI've always admired tank watches. Men's especially. They look good on women as well.
ReplyDeletegood enough for JFK, good enough for me.
ReplyDeleteWow this guy was awesome in the movie Air Force 1... you ever see it? I love Tom Cruise, he's a great actor.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really great design...the shape of the Roman numerals actually informs the overall shape of the face.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what watch Obama wears? Lol
He was such a douche.
ReplyDelete@goldenchild. They are mostly battery powered because the watch is so small but I think the newer tank has an automatic movement
ReplyDelete@barb. I believe mrs. kennedy wore one as well
@brut. air force 1? That has harrison ford in it not tom cruise I am pretty sure. seen that movie a million times
@ada. obama wears a secret services watch that can only be purchased by people who work for them. Not sure what model or brand it is but do a google search and it should pull up.
great watch, very slick.
ReplyDelete