Since we were kids, the G-Shock line released by Casio has been a solid favorite of younger aged school children but with the recent success of the show Jersey Shore and coverage by media icons, the public perception of this watch has changed and sales have exploded. And let's face it folks, big watches are in style.
This post really about one G-Shock, but the entire line in general. First introduced in 1983, the watch has really become a staple in the watch world and the brand really took off once the 90's rolled around. There are too many models to even count in one day but the design and style of the watch is unmistakable. All G-Shocks have a few function in common even though other pieces of functionality differ between models:
- Countdown timer
- Stopwatch
- Lighted Background
- Water Resistance
Below are some example of some wacky combinations. Take care folks.



i remember these!!
ReplyDeleteDigital is the only kind i rocked back in the day
ReplyDelete$100? I'm definitely not a watch expert at all, but why are these so expensive?
ReplyDeletehttp://steppedkeys.blogspot.com/
haha i used to rock these in the 90's. lol i had soooo many. good times :) nostalgia at its finest.
ReplyDeleteman those things were so classic, everyone rocked those
ReplyDeletehahah i actually had one of those.. good times :)
ReplyDeleteI remember I had something similar, but eh.
ReplyDeletesorry, didn't had one of them
ReplyDeleteLOL! Where is the Situation?
ReplyDeleteI use to have a white casio g-shock when I was in college. Bishes love it. I wear it everyday until it turned green on me (yes, green, dont ask me how). Have to ditch it after that.
ReplyDeletelol it's plastic man. It happens
ReplyDeleteOh man, that purple. I need that watch now.
ReplyDeleteAll those colors...
ReplyDeleteThis is the height of decadence and hedonism. Society really is doomed.
I don't like digital watches
ReplyDeleteNot a big fan of that one.
ReplyDeletetehhappyplace.blogspot.com
They are a bit garish but still got something.
ReplyDeleteI think I had one of these!
ReplyDeleteThat first picture makes me want to kick puppies.
ReplyDelete100$ Really?
ReplyDeleteThey are okay watches. But jersey shore? huh :(
ReplyDeletei like the pretty colors
ReplyDeletethe hunks make me feel like pafing
ReplyDeleteThose watches used to be the shit
ReplyDeletei want one in ever color and shade.
ReplyDeletePink, Purple, and Orange all the way.
ReplyDeletehaha took my comment?!
ReplyDeletecool, I actually have two, they are legit watches, pretty cool and in style. I wear it like for casual wear
nice blog! Good stuff!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://jdmallstars.blogspot.com/
Purple would be nice.
ReplyDelete