A Rolex Submariner
Quite possibly the most iconic watch in their line, the first submariner went into production in 1953 and to this day is Rolex's best selling watch. It is a little know fact, but Rolex actually makes over ONE MILLION watches a year and around half of them are submariners. The design of the case and the face were later used to influence other watches in the brand like the GMT Master.
There were many stages of the submariner as a result of gradual progression and improvement. Most notably:
1959: Model 5512 was released with crown guards
1965: Model 1680 was released with a date added
1977: Model 16800 was released with an artificial sapphire crystal and a 300 meter water resistance
1989: Model 14060 was released with a 28,800 VPH (vibrations per hour, basically how many times it ticket per hours)
2010: Model 116610 was released with a ceramic bezel
So basically we started out with this:
And ended up today with this:


thats a beauty
ReplyDeleteI'll show my dad this post, he loves watches!
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about the history, thanks for informing us :)
ReplyDeleteit looks awesome
ReplyDeleteloving the watches. thanks dude. great informative post
ReplyDeletethat's cool, i didn't know it was Rolex's best selling watch.
ReplyDeleteSuch a classy watch, expensive though
ReplyDeleteone of these days ill have one
ReplyDeleteI kind of like the original version better :P
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following yours now too!
pretty watch and cool history
ReplyDeleteInteresting stuff, I'll have to get myself one of those.
ReplyDeleteHow much is that watch worth roughly? Would $20 cover it? lol
ReplyDeleteFollowing and supporting man.
Beautiful watch, and their website is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteVery nice man :) Liking the info too =]
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting hobby to have! Also, I've notice that not many people wear watches any more (most look at their cellphone). Sad day.
ReplyDeleteAlways the watch I think of when I hear Rolex.
ReplyDeleteThat's a pretty beautiful Rolex.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty, but so pricey. Perhaps one day...
ReplyDeleteIt's such a beautiful, refined, classic watch. Can't go wrong with it!
ReplyDeleteactually a legit blog
ReplyDeleteWow that watch is hot. If I were a boss at some place and someone came in looking for a job wearing that watch, I would hire him on the spot.
ReplyDeleteSubbed..Nice Blog ya got here
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful watch you have there.
ReplyDeleteDamn, that's a lot of watches made every year.
ReplyDeleteRolex, stay classy
ReplyDeleteWish I can afford it :(
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful watch. Simple design but fantastic brand name.
ReplyDeleteSuch a classic and beautiful watch... definitely want it in my "collection" when I get enough money.
ReplyDelete