Not watch related but I thought this was ridiculous: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/McDonald-s-employee-fired-for-letting-Peterson-u?urn=nfl-307841
An assistant manager at McDonald's was fired after allowing Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson to use the bathroom while the restaurant was closed.
While working the late-night drive-thru shift at 3 a.m., a female employee encountered a man standing outside the window who asked to come inside and use the restroom. After a little while, she realized it was the popular Minnesota Vikings star and opened the door for him to come inside and use the facilities. (The seating area at the restaurant is normally closed during the late-night hours.)
One week later, the mother of three was fired for the offense.
"He's a public figure... I know him better than some of the maintenance people that come in and out," she told The Consumerist. "I never thought in a million years that that decision was going to cost me my career."
Jeez, McDonald's. It's not like she was letting in Brett Favre or Bryant McKinnie. He's Adrian Peterson, the most famous Vikings player of all! If you can't do a solid for AD, who can you?
There's a silver lining at the end of these golden arches, though: After the local media reported on the woman's termination, McDonald's gave her back her old job.
Let this be a lesson to all you fast-food employees keen on handing out favors to famous athletes. It doesn't matter if Tom Brady walks through those doors; he has to pay $0.39 for supersizing just like everyone else.
Crazy.. Some decisions like this just strike me in shock. Good she got her job back.
ReplyDeletecool blog, following :)
company policy is company policy i guess. mcdonalds employees are a dime a dozen, so fuck 'em.
ReplyDeleteThat's kind of absurd, especially considering they gave her the job back after it went public. "Oh S&@& people realize how retarded this is, better give the bitch back her jerb!"
ReplyDeleteFollowing and supporting man, looks like a legit blog, will follow regularily!
Anyone interested follow me at http://cmipigeon.blogspot.com I will hit anyone back!
She only got her job back because of the publicity.
ReplyDeletegood for all involved parties
ReplyDeleteLol, some people :']
ReplyDeletefollowing!
Haha, I used to work for them and know how nazi-like they can be.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for the follow. You got gold on here so I'm on board with you.
~/B/Gregal
this is insane
ReplyDeleteDon't think outside the box in the corporate world. Originality and common sense are discouraged
ReplyDeleteSadly you're right tango, sometimes I wish I was running these businesses but then I think....what do I know?
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to check and support often your local information hot-spot lifeformation.blogspot.com! I just updated!
hilarious stuff. woohoo celebrities
ReplyDeletefollow :)
http://pyrosive.blogspot.com
And love and equal opportunity for all prevailed.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny cause i've been working with McDonald's for 2 years... people can be so ridiculous :/
ReplyDeleteanyways, here's my blog if anyone's interested; just random posts about things i find interesting: http://lifeofbaron.blogspot.com/ (:feedback is appreciated:)x
interesting blog, btw. i'm following, i'll be sure to check back!
ReplyDeleteLol, restroom police.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea for a blog!
ReplyDeleteHaha, wow, that's crazy! It's funny how McD can fire someone and only care if the media makes a big deal about it. Well, not funny :/
ReplyDeleteIt's human to help others..her boss is such a douche
ReplyDeleteThank you corporate America!
ReplyDeleteSo the dude had to do a number 2? Nice blog!
ReplyDeleteThat's ridiculous an employee helps someone who needs to use the bathroom and loses her job for it. It's not like she helped him perform some sort of illegal activity that would affect the store? Nice blog anyway. http://pectoralfinnnreviews.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty ridiculous of the boss. He would have done the same.
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty wacky, good thing she go her job back though.
ReplyDeletetoo right. shouldn't be any preference to anyone
ReplyDelete